CEDIA wants to help connect your home technology business with qualified candidates. Members and non-members can submit job openings for posting online.
Members - FREE
Non-members - £150
To add a vacancy click the link below; your post will be verified by a CEDIA staff member before it goes live on the site.
Whether you are new to the industry or a veteran with years of experience CEDIA can help you in your job search. CEDIA offers a listing service to its members detailing individuals who would like to either join the industry or change jobs within the industry. To submit your CV, please click here.
Post a new job advert
Sales ConsultantPosted on 6th September, 2017
Sound & Image, South Africa
Sales Consultant positions available in Sandton and Menlyn, South Africa
Most important skill: Ability to sell to high income earners
We would ideally want someone that has sales techniques, that are able to talk to Clients about Home Theatre and Control 4 and that can manage any such projects.
If we can just find someone that can sell, we will be pleased.
Since it is important to do assessments at Clients' premises, the candidates must at least have valid drivers licences. They must be trust worthy. They must be tech-savvy.
All three are full time positions.
There are no BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) requirements, it is open to all.
Interested parties can talk to Joe or Manda
Manda +27 83 7604385
Joe +27 83 3060872
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more...
AV Systems DesignerPosted on 30th August, 2017
We are currently looking for an experienced AV Systems designer to join our expanding design team. We are actively seeking individuals who are preferably CEDIA ESC-T certified, or who have 2-3 years of experience as a AV residential systems designer.
Knektd is a CEDIA member company specialising in bespoke audio visual, home automation and entertainment solutions for prime and super prime residential properties in London. Our clients include private individuals, well respected building contractors, architects, interior designers, and property developers from the UK, Europe, Asia, Russia and the Middle East.
We are committed to employee development and will ensure that the candidate is supported for any additional training or accreditation required for the role.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who has knowledge of and/ or proven skillset in the following:
- Needs Assessment
- Project Design
- Design Documentation
- Design Management
Key Attributes / Person Specification:
- The ability to deliver under pressure with minimum supervision
- To communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Good oral and written communication skills with strong eye for detail
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to delivering the role
- Problem Solving
- Able to work well within a team
- Self-Management / Communication / Planning/ Organising
- Eligible to pass pre-employment check (including Criminal record declaration)
- Hold a current UK Passport
- Clean and professional appearance (Company uniform provided)
If this sounds like you, please send an email to email@example.com telling us why you think you would be right for the job. Please also attach a copy of your CV and if you are shirt-listed we will send you a copy of the full job specification. We look forward to hearing from you.
Find out more...
EngineerPosted on 11th August, 2017
We have an opportunity to join our Award-winning engineering team where you will be responsible for the installation of various technology installations throughout the UK. Experience in the following areas is a necessity:
- Structured Cabling
- IT Networks including Wi Fi
- Access Control
- Intruder Alarms
- TV Reception Systems – SMATV / MATV / IRS
- Lighting – Lutron, Dali & DMX
- Audio Visual – Video Walls, PA Systems
- Cinemas – Commercial and Residential
Ideal candidate will need be a competent person and problem solver, possess a can do attitude and be comfortable under operation of power tools. Advantages will include, excellent construction and practical skills and holding a valid CSCS card or CEDIA & InfoComm recognised qualifications is a bonus.
Our clientele range from high end range residential homes through to National Health Club chains, it is critical that the successful candidate has the following attributes:
- Strong Work Ethic
- Non Smoker
- Appetite to Learn
- Genuine interest in the industry
In return we can offer a role with our company that will challenge you daily but give genuine satisfaction for a job well done. Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications within industry.
To apply for this role please e mail your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more...
CAD Technician Posted on 11th August, 2017
Our CAD/ Design Technicians are an integral part of a busy design team, working closely with Project Managers and Designers to produce perfectly precise and accurate CAD drawings and design documents using a range of software including AutoCAD and Excel. This is an opportunity to work on the design of technology based systems and similar projects. We pride ourselves on the highest levels of quality and service that we consistently deliver to our clients and this resonates in all aspects of a project design and installation. We want you to have the same exacting standards and attention to detail to produce high quality work which you can take pride in.
You are responsible for ensuring every tiny detail in a drawing, manual or document is accurate, tidy and well presented, and is constantly kept up to date. As you can imagine, we have to keep up with the ever-changing world of technology so our design schemes and solutions can often change throughout the life of a project.
One of the main things which enables us to de-risk a project for a client and take complete ownership when it comes to problem solving or identifying any issues is record keeping. Maintaining up to date, detailed and efficient records and drawings, making revisions where needed and producing an ‘as – built’ drawing set upon completion of a project.
We know that sometimes mistakes happen, but with your keen eye for detail we want you to find the mistakes and correct them wherever needed. Count and double-check the numbers and be able to critique and check your work so you can be completely happy when you submit it to your fellow designers.
Drawings and documents can easily get out of hand and overly complicated and so we rely on you to be able to keep things simple, accurate and completed in line with the guidelines and protocols which all of our CAD technicians work towards.
Deadlines can often change and we must continue to work at the pace of the rest of the project. As an important member of the project team, communication and coordination with your colleagues and other departments is key. Whether that is checking amendments to designs and drawings, liaising with logistics and stock departments to ensure equipment is ordered and delivered or ensuring the most up to date drawings are issued and utilised for design meetings.
Apply today sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Find out more...
Technology ConsultantPosted on 19th July, 2017
Chris Lewis Smart Home
To promote the home technology and audio visual systems business. The role will be responsible for winning business from existing customers and partners, and to develop strong relationships with suppliers and customers. The role will also need to generate new leads and introductions. This position is target based and the achievement of agreed targets is an essential part of the role.
Key Responsibility Areas
- The person will be responsible for dealing with high-net-worth individuals, contractors, developers and architects to help in the design and quotation/order stage of projects.
- The person will be adept at developing leads that result in the agreed delivered sales required per month to achieve the overall sales target for the business
- To develop and track multiple sales pipelines that are short term (install within 3 months), medium term (3-12 months) and longer term prospects (over 12 months)
- Reporting sales activity on a daily and weekly basis in the required format
- The person will also be able to discuss security leads to pass onto our sister company (Chris Lewis Fire & Security), and to use these opportunities as a platform to promote the Smart Home business (and vice versa)
- The person will also be capable of designing systems for the client, from concept to final installation and passing on to the operations team for completion of the project.
- The role will involve the production of designs, quotes, high-quality electronic plans, schematics, drawings and cable schedules
Previous Experience, Skills or Knowledge
- Must hold a full UK driving license
- Have worked in a sales or account management role within a relevant sector (home technology, audio visual, electrical/electronics, security etc.)
- Have a successful track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for technology and emerging technologies
- Be interested in a sales role where design and specification is also required
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to talk with and senior board level staff
- Demonstrate strong networking and promotional abilities
Behaviours or Values
Find out more...
- Professional and friendly at all times
- Teamwork as working in a small team where everyone is helpful and flexible to support their colleagues
- Commitment and ownership of results
- Communication - excellent communications skills required as will be required to converse and build relationships with senior business people and high net worth individuals
- Customer focused and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service at all times
- The ability to work under pressure
- Able to produce and design accurate quotations from surveys or customer drawings.