CEDIA has revealed that this year’s CEDIA Awards 2013 Gala Dinner has successfully raised over £4,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
“It’s wonderful to be able to run a great event like the CEDIA Awards which highlights our industry’s hard work and excellence, and at the same time show how the sector can pull together and contribute to a very important and worthy cause,” explains Wendy Griffiths, CEDIA’s Region 1 Executive Director. “Macmillan is a great place to direct our efforts, as they provide support not only for the sufferers of cancer, but their loved ones who also fall victim to the disease. We are really pleased to have generated more than £4,000 in revenue from the event for the charity.”
CEDIA organised a raffle on behalf of Macmillan which was very well supported by over 300 dinner guests who attended the event. In addition, £5 from the sale of every ticket for the event contributed to the charity.
The Association would like to thank all attendees and raffle providers for their kind donations. Prize donations from across the industry were provided by:
· Aldous Systems: a CS3 TV Speaker Sound Bar
· AWE: a Loewe Connect 26” Screen
· Bowers & Wilkins: a Z2 Docking Station along with P3 & P5 headphones
· Crestron: two tickets to the Goodwood Festival of Speed
· Core Publications: afternoon tea at The Ritz
· Habitech: two Android Smart Box MA-107’s
· HK Designs: a “Double Super Car Driving Blast” experience
· The InsideCI Film Crew: an iPad Mini
· Invision UK: a 5.1 Sunfire System
· Kaleidescape: an ultimate Blu-Ray demo bundle
· Loewe UK: a Speaker 2go
· Mark Lewis Photography: a Spa and Golf Package at Foxhills, Surrey
· Pulse Marketing: dinner for 8 followed by a private cinema night
· Rako Controls: an iPad Mini
· Russound: Outback 5B65 outdoor loudspeakers
· Wildwood PR: a Survival Weekend in Sussex
· Wyrestorm: two tickets to a West End show
Macmillan is a source of support, helping those affected by cancer. It is not only the patients who live with cancer, carers, families and communities also need help with coping which is why Macmillan provides support every step of the way. People can also benefit from financial help to cope with the extra costs cancer can bring, so Macmillan gives benefits advice, and grants for anything from heating bills to travel costs.
Held at the Pavilion at the Tower of London on Friday 28th June, the CEDIA Awards proved a resounding success, celebrating excellence in home technology design, installation and integration across Europe, Russia and the CIS States, the Middle East, Africa, India and Pakistan. The stunning projects featured in the scheme represent the crème de la crème of smart home installations from across CEDIA Region 1.
More information about the Awards can be found on the dedicated CEDIA Awards website which gives a unique insight into the scheme, its entry requirements and its past winners and finalists. Click here to find out more. Follow @CEDIA_Region1 on Twitter, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CEDIA.Region1, or join the CEDIA group on LinkedIn.